Common Problem on 2001 Honda CRV

Common Problem on 2001 Honda CRV
Image result for honda crv 2001

Owner 2001 Honda CRV with this problem you have done or tried to do to repair your car?
Also if you got it repaired how many different conclusion to this problem have you had. I need as much information as possible. I am trying to fight American Honda to acknowledge this "known problem" and maybe help others with it as well.

I own a 2001 Honda CRV and I have had service and/or requested service for this stalling, rough idle, and cold start problem atleast 7 times. This last time I took it in the dealership told me I have low compression in cylinder #3. They said they had to send it to the their machine shop.

Just to start it would cost me $1000 and then it was going to be more when they verified the problem. They thought it was a burnt valve and the heads would have to be replaced.
I was sickened when I heard this. Especially since I have been having this same issue since I bought the car, and everytime I took it in they said don't worry just have a full tune up done for $600 and it will go away. And it did for a while til the next $600 tune up came and another.
Now, they can't cover up their valve problem anymore cause it's shot. After paying all that money all ready I have to pay well over $1000 more because it wasn't addressed when it started at 16,000 miles.

I just recently found a Technical service Bulletin regarding this exact problem. It is TSB #03038. So, I decided to call American Honda Manufacturer and I have never had so much run around in my life, but I knew that it was going to be a fight. The full TSB states at the end Valve recedes into head. REPLACE cylinder heads. I have a case open and I will know more details in a day or two. I have found 3 different people state that they got their repair done under a goodwill warranty and paid nothing.


Anybody with this problem please let me know about it. I want all the ammo I can fire at them because I know there are a lot of us out there with this problem. I will keep everyone updated and maybe it will lead to a fix for your car as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment