Can you Jump start a car with a dead alternator?

Can you Jump start a car with a dead alternator?


Q: I have a 2005 Mazda 6 my alternator died yesterday and i need a replacement. Since the alternator is dead it didn't charge the battery so it dead overnight. now my car wont start here when I'm have a bit of confusion i need to get my car running so i can drive it to my friends garage to replace the alternator. will jump starting a car keep it running long enough to get it to the garage or will i need to fully recharge the battery to get it running? I'm nervous about jump starting the car because the alternative won't be recharging the battery so my car might die before i get there


A: Put the jumper cables on the car- have the donor car running and walk away for 30 minutes-- this will charge your battery and you can start your car and drive it up 30 miles--- charge it for 20 minutes will get you 20 miles-- yes you will be running off your battery, but you can drive it to be repaired. I do this all the time-- sometimes I just sit a battery inside the car- run jumpers out to the dead battery and drive the car to where it needs to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment